Make it happen.
This ‘instagram quotable’ mantra has truly stuck with me as I type this “making it happen.” Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Personal trainer, group fitness instructor, Beachbody Master Trainer, YouTuber, blogger, sister, friend, roomie, and more. Life can be CRAZY COOL if you simply accept no excuses and MAKE IT HAPPEN! I’m here to motivate, inspire, and guide you to be the best version of you regardless of your current situation, age, income, or other well planned lie. Whether it be fitness, nutrition, college, or just a need for a pep talk, holla attcha girl because I am here to change your life and make it happen.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Dietitian
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor Training
- Beachbody LIVE Master Trainer
- Turbo Kick Certified
- PiYo Certified
- INSANITY Certified
- CIZE Certified
- P90X Certified
- Country Heat LIVE Certified
- Beachbody Talent Team Audition Camp 2014
- Color: lime green or hot pink depending on the day
- Food: Mexican, chips and guacamole
- Podcast: The Chalene Show & Fit Friends Happy Hour <— by yours truly & my friend Lauren!
- Workout to Teach: Turbo Kick
- Workout to Take: LOVE trying new things, but especially love PiYo, lifting heavy and pretending to be an olympic lifter….addicted to trying new things!
- CD: T-Swift (judge or join or just shake it off)
- App: Awesome Note
- Treat: Warm chocolate chip cookies OR dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- Vegetable: Brussels Sprouts or Grilled Asparagus
- Accessory: GIANT headbands or sassy ball caps
- Shoes: Nike Max Airs
- Always begin with mobility and correctives for any program
- FITT – frequency, intensity, time, type = always modify these to break plateaus
- Make it FUN (with a scientific based approach)
- Back to the basics – start with stability FIRST, learning the basics of how to control and be aware of your body BEFORE adding weight or any other component
- Aim for strength and performance – measure progress by the pounds you lift, not the pounds you weigh
- A good trainer listens to the client, finding what works best for them at that point in their life, adapting to all ages, fitness levels, and interests, to put the client first
- Did I say make it fun?! Because if it’s not fun, what’s the point?!
- Include ALL food groups, following the MyPlate Guidelines
- Evidence based approach following the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, NOT just testimonials and antidotes
- ANTI-DIET – ditch the diet mentality, learn how to eat like a normal human and live your life
- Food is fuel – nutrition is how we obtain energy to lead an active and healthy lifestyle
- If you want the cookie, eat the cookie!
Featured in Readers Digest, Men’s Health, and Indy TV Network.